Monday, March 21, 2011

Progress

I had a horrible day today. I'm the type of person who gets stressed easily - and I mean very stressed. Which is why writing is a fantastic outlet for me.

I've read that writers tend to be very introspective and introverted people and I couldn't agree with that more. I do love putting all my energy into my writing. So the thought of having to deal with all the stress at work is often too much.

I miss journalism like crazy. I love getting out and talking to people about things that are happening in their lives and I would give anything to be able to get back into it. But I guess I will just have to persevere.

Anyway, I had my second appointment today at the dietitian. And here I was thinking that I had let myself down.

Nope.

I am happy to report I have lost approximately 2kgs. Maybe this doesn't sound like a lot, but this is in two weeks, mind you, and the key here is I have lost weight. Another key point is that it may be slow, but it's like the old adage - slow and steady wins the race. And as I've said, this is not all about losing weight. It's feeling good.

So learning that kind of cancelled out the rest of the bad day. Plus I got a little present from a friend today and that was just the icing on the cake. Mmm, cake! Oops, zoned out for a second there with images of cake.

The thing that I find the most difficult is that I have always had trouble with a certain type of food. And it has been years since I've eaten this particular food group. One that is supposed to be really good for me. Anyway, in the last few years, I have tried to start eating it again and I've made progress. Just a little bit, but compared to when I was a teenager - where I would freak out at the very thought of eating it. I don't freak out anymore. I still have trouble getting my stomach to accept it, but credit where credit is due, I can at least manage a couple of bites before my stomach refuses to take any more.

We were talking about doing things which ease my stress and that is my next goal for the next month. Learning to relax. Taking up Tai Chi, or Yoga. Something which allows this high maintenance chick to chill out a bit.

Here's hoping.

No comments: